Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following limited funded doctorate degree programmes at the College of Engineering.
- 3 Year Full-Time PhD programmes:
- PhD Bioengineering
- PhD Food and Postharvest Engineering
- PhD Sustainable Energy Technologies
- A minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) in first degree and;
- A Master’s degree in relevant field with an average of at least 60% preferably in Agricultural & Biosystems / Bioresources Engineering and related programmes, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Electrical & Mechanical Engineering, Renewable Energy Engineering or related programmes.
- Applicants must not be more than 40 years by 1st August, 2020.
- Candidates from non-Anglophone countries must have an internationally recognised Certificate of Proficiency in the English Language ( or with above average score or be available to attend a three (3) months English language course at KNUST.
- Preference would be given to candidates with at least one publication in a journal as first author and c
- Candidates must provide evidence of current and previous employments.
- Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply to take advantage of the funding opportunities available.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Sale of E-Vouchers/Forms for admission is ongoing.
- Candidates must purchase an eVoucher by paying an application fee of Two Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis (GH¢250.00) at the following banks: GCB, Consolidated Bank Ghana (CBG) or Ecobank.
- Upon payment of the application fee, candidates will receive an eVoucher containing an application number and PIN that will grant access to the online admissions portal.
- Candidates should then proceed to online admissions website: https://apps.knust.edu.gh/admissions/ and begin the application process.
- Once the process has been completed, candidates MUST PRINT OUT 2 COPIES of the completed application form from the portal and submit them (by post) to the School of Graduate Studies together with:
- Two passport sized photographs
- Detailed CV and two letters of reference (one from a supervisor at the Master’s level)
- Official transcripts and certificates for BSc and MSc degrees
- Proof of ability to communicate in English for Candidates from non-Anglophone countries
- Soft and hard copies of a letter of motivation (max. 2 pages) with the heading outlining why you want to study, what makes you well-suited to study in your chosen specialisation, current occupation, how the programme will fit into your professional vision, how your (home) country stands to benefit after your training.
- Soft and hard copies of a short concept note (max. 3 pages) outlining the justification, objectives, methodology and expected outcomes of a research idea.
- To the following address:
SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES, KNUST
NB: All International Applicants must use this link
https://apps.knust.edu.gh/admissions/apply/Account/Register to generate logins and apply online. International applicants who are admitted will be required to pay an application fee of USD 200.00 before registration.
ELECTRONIC COPIES of completed application forms and supporting documents should be sent to email@example.com for your application to be considered.
Deadline for submission of application forms is 31st August, 2020. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be processed.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a selection interview. The date of the interview will be communicated after short listing. Only candidates who successfully gain admission will be notified subsequently.